We’re just getting started and here’s a totally unexpected and wonderful surprise–the Versatile Blogger Award, passed on to us from Tracy over at A Slice of Smith Life! Tracy’s shabby (chic) blog is a delight to read, highlighting great recipes (this week it’s Easy Spicy Chili) and organization tips, as well as mommy musings about making memories, homeschooling and more! Her colorful photos and whimsical buttons make her blog one of the most cheerful and appealing I’ve seen.
Thank you, thank you, Tracy!!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
- Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass it along to 15 blogs you’ve recently discovered and enjoy
- Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award
Now here are seven things about us:
1. Homeschool Heart co-author Patti Armstrong’s husband and son and I (Theresa) all share the same birthday: May 13, the anniversary of the first apparition at Fatima. We all have a devotion to the Blessed Mother under that title. In fact, there’s a story about our Lady of Fatima in the book.
2. Patti lives in North Dakota. I live in Indiana. We wrote this book together, long-distance. We have never met in person.
3. Patti’s husband is an award-winning broadcast journalist and has an amazing radio voice. Mine is an accomplished amateur golfer and professional lawyer. We are very proud of our husbands. We may be biased but we think they’re very cute.
4. Patti’s fascinating facts:
-Her favorite prayer is the rosary, but there are many “quickies” that she likes to say such as, “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I put all my trust in You” and “Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.”
– She doesn’t relax very often but when she does she likes to take walks with a friend, bike ride or go to Adoration.
–She was in the Peace Corps in the Marshall Islands, Micronesia , which is where she met her husband.
5. Theresa’s fascinating facts:
-I did not do well in high school chemistry but everything is still OK.
-I grew up as the oldest of 13 children
-My favorite place to pray outside of a church is my family room chair, next to the window that opens to our backyard. I love looking at our garden and the “back 4” (acres) as I pray the rosary.
–I text “I love you. God bless you. Good night” to my grown children every night.
6. Patti loves animals. Me? I’m allergic.
7. Patti and I have literally prayed through every step of this book–for guidance, for our readers, for our publisher, for eachother and our families. In fact, we’re doing a Memorare novena right now.
We are so happy to pass this award along to the following blogs. Please check them out!!
Lisa at The Little House That Grew
Leticia at Cause of Our Joy
Kristen at Small Treasures
Cay at Cajun Cottage
Elizabeth at In the Heart of My Home
Kim at Starry Sky Ranch
Margaret at Minnesota Mom
Elena at My Domestic Church
“Knitter” at Become What You Are
Kate at Momopoly
Jen at Camp Homeschool
Laura at Homeschooling with Joy
Angie at Many Little Blessings
Barbara at Praying for Grace
JoAnn at Ten Kids and a Dog